Wednesday 17 February 2016

Another reason I have the best husband ever!

Hi guys,

Todays post is so exciting. We have been upto to much in our lovely house, and once I have a nice light day to take some pictures and finished the final touches I will certainly be posting them here. Since Christmas we have done so much including painting our huge lounge, dining room, and all of the wood paneling. We had our kitchen plastered (if you follow me on facebook you will know we had a cowboy builder) so we had it plastered twice and a new boxing added to our ugly boiler, We also just last week had a lovely walk in wardrobe added to our bedroom. All of which I will be showing you soon.

For today though, The praise goes to my lovely husband...you might know him, its my best friend and partner in crime mark. (cant find a pic of him on his own lol)

In our old house we had somebody come and fit the flooring. It looked very tricky and we didnt think we could do it - We had more spare cash then and we could justify getting somebody in when we were at work all day. We were also only paid the floor guy £60 ish to do one room. When getting quotes to do our hallway we were getting quotes of like £180 onwards to lay some floor in our hallway. It just seemed so expensive for such a small space, But I guess you are paying for somebody's time, and there are quite alot of angles etc, and I am cheap!

Anyway after weeks of not doing it (we kept putting it off), mark one day decided to borrow my mums jigsaw (thanks mum) and do it himself. He did such a good job, and considering neither of us knew what we were doing I think it was a a huge success!

Before: I know what your thinking, the tiles look nice, But they were cold, dirty and weren't in looking for the look I want, So we covered them with some good underlay.



After:




The floor is affrican wallnut and is from wicks. Question, Should I paint the kitchen door?





A few weeks after we moved my mum put us the striped wallpaper up, As I got it for 50p each from a car boot last year,it was only meant to be a temp thing until I found something else I liked (it is one of those walls which needs paper lol) I have now found some lovely yellow floral paper so watch this space for the hallway makeover part 2! And then 3 when I can actually afford a new front door!


I still haven't decided on what do decorate the space with just yet, The blue canvas has already changed to some of our photography of our lovely sea views, I am relay into feng shui at the moment and were you can see the table is my wealth area, so I am trying to increase it by having some lovely flowers, a blue vase and my favorite quote in gold, which is 'A miracle is something that seems impossible that happens anyway'

we have also added marks interesting 50p collection - Because we are cool like that!




 Thank you all for reading.

Hayley and mark xx

No comments:

Post a Comment